I once ended up, quite by accident, in Cancun during spring break… with my father. Hi Eduardo, I haven’t driven the stretch from Mexicali to Ensenada but my feeling is that there will be plenty of gas stops – the northern part of Baja was much more densely populated than the middle stretch I referred to in my post. Zoom In and Out - Download & Print by scrolling down to the bottom of the Map and hovering your mouse or cursor over the Map, the Zoom and Download controls will appear. I  didn’t have a four-wheel-drive or off-road vehicle and was able to get to every place I wanted to explore. Them. Each person collecting a ticket seemed to take about 15 minutes which meant I was almost last on the boat and did a lot of fretting at the back of a long queue with an ever decreasing departure time. Against that background, here’s what I spent: $130 – Fuel (including a few toll fees at around $2 each time), $425 – day to day expenses (food, activities etc.). Tijuana has a reputation that precedes it. This trail has multiple access points. The military checkpoints going south are fine except for the one just west of San Ignacio. Your post just made my goal attainable. Route 88 BBQ & Brew. Hi Jo! The northern trailhead can be accessed from the San Gabriel River Parkway in Pico Rivera. What a great read. Can we park anywhere? I know, I know, not one of my proudest moments. PT. Thanks for this blog very helpful, look forward to reading others of yours. Topographical map for Garmin GPS devices. Points of interest for traveling in Baja California. ider Packet consists of printed ride descriptions and paper ride maps and a custom GPS microSD card for your Garmin or BMW GPS unit. Jet Tila Salmon Teriyaki . Hi Nancy, I’m afraid I don’t know for sure about RVs but off the top of my head I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t do the same stops – just make sure you find RV friendly spots in each place. Out of interest, how much is the one-way fee? This is where I stayed. Regardless. Learn how to create your own. I can only blame car brain for my decision. You’ll quickly become comfortable with Mexico. You have a knack. It’s on the lagoon and they do family style dinner and breakfast. If you had to read that title twice, you’ll have an idea how easy it is to end up in the wrong town in Baja California. I would apologise for no longer giving everything you want for nothing, but I did that for many years and I’ve decided I like to eat, which costs cold hard cash, which I can earn, in part, through ads. Freight MTS contracts with the San Diego & Imperial Valley (SD&IV) Railroad and the Baja California Rail Road, Inc. (BJRR) to provide freight service to San Diego shippers over SD&AE right-of-way. The ViaMichelin map of Baja: get the famous Michelin maps, the result of more than a century of mapping experience. Visit top-rated & … Hi Craig, thanks for coming by and sharing this really useful info – and yikes, that does sound scary!!!! Click Logo for the SCORE Race Fuel Order Form ... Baja 500, Baja 250, Baja Challenge, and Trophy Truck. Explore Resort Book Now. I hope often, and I hope it extends to more than leaving vitriolic comments about other people’s efforts. I’ve written about Mexico and safety more than once. Looking for a video to share with you, I was horrified at the number of ‘petting grey whales’ videos that I saw – because as responsible travellers we all know not to interact with the wildlife. Watch the potholes north of Guerrero Negro. anything else you cant bring over the border besides the obvious drugs, fruit. Baja Cactus Hostel is one of only two hostels in Cabo San Lucas (the other is Bed & Breakfast 1 Block from the Beach). Take it easy and give the semis lots or room. Direction from Las Vegas International Airport:Head West on I-215. I opted for a room just off Ruta 1 to continue the journey in the morning – Hotel Los Caracoles – which came with a small patio and a decent shower. Accommodation is generally safe but some hotels prey on the quick turn around of tourists and will help themselves to your valuables while you’re out. Map of Baja California area hotels: Locate Baja California hotels on a map based on popularity, price, or availability, and see Tripadvisor reviews, photos, and deals. Hubby & I rented a car after flying down to Cabo San Lucas where we stayed right in town at a locally owned little hotel for a couple weeks. My tip is to start out early and take as few breaks as you safely can to cover as many miles to get yourself south. The trail is a popular bicycle route. And within Baja California, La Paz is my favourite spot. You can blog and still have a pleasant selection of limited ads. There is a real good Italian place downtown as well. If there is a particular hotel you want to visit, I’d recommend planning things a bit further ahead. The Migration route of the Pacific Gray Whale is often described as the longest known mammal migration in the animal kingdom. In under 2 weeks, I made the drive south and what follows is my suggested Baja California road trip itinerary including the best places to visit in Baja California, where to stay, driving tips, practical details like when you need to refuel (there’s a long stretch with no gas stations for hundreds of kilometres/miles), visas, and the question that will be on many of your minds – is Baja California safe? This map was created by a user. I don’t know if you’d be able to negotiate a night rate for using the car park? The band deny it and, I believe after legal action, the hotel no longer claims it. … We will meet some chums in Porto Punesco and head west to ride down the Baja on moto bikes. Home » Mexico Travel Info » Mexico Driving » Baja Map . I visited the Baja California peninsula for the first time a few years ago but I only managed to explore the south. my post about taking the Baja Ferry between Topolobampo (for Copper Canyon) and La Paz. La Paz is dotted with impressive sculptures, usually with a nautical or ocean theme. So, yeah. Oceans, mountains, valleys, desert, giant cacti, whales, sea lions, tacos and beaches – taking a Baja California road trip down Mexico’s famous Ruta 1 (Route 1) gives you a lot to play with; over a thousand kilometres of coastline to play with, in fact. “I’d … No shoulders in a lot of the worst places. Check flight prices and hotel availability for your visit. Your blog has brought it all back to me. and generally stayed in budget hotels with one splurge at Hotel California. I am bringing some items down for my condo, do they tax you on items? My boyfriend and I are thinking about doing a month long trip throughout the Baja. Great read. We have ~100 routes on our worldwide bikepacking routes map. If you found this article helpful and want to make a small donation, it’s appreciated. Not something you want to do when you have over 1000 km of road to traverse. They set over the water, right in front of the malecón which handily has plenty of bars, cafes and restaurants to complete the experience. How many times have you demanded the same of yourself? February of 2020 will be my 5th trip up and down the Baja, from Breckenridge, Colorado to San Jose Del Cabo since 2005. if you’re hiring a car for your Mexico road trip, I’d recommend doing it in Tijuana rather than the USA. This is a supported ride. Cows and goats and drunk locals. Who cares! Related post: The Only Packing List You Will Ever Need (with printable checklist). SCORE-BAJA-500-COURSE-Mapv6 Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I have shared with my group. 5 years of long and hard. Multi Baja Fastindo adalah importir, distributor, dan retailer untuk fasteners (baut, mur, sekrup, angkur, klem, dan pengikat lainnya) beserta tools atau hardware yang berhubungan. Well, because cartoonesque maps by Got Baja are the cutest maps you’ll probably ever see. Food at the restaurant there is awesome. I first visited a couple of years ago and on this return trip to the Baja peninsula, it was the promise of La Paz that helped me push on through the long desert drive. Along Baja's 2,000+ miles of coast are deserted … Likewise: water and snacks so stock up. I learned to windsurf while down there. That’s not to mention the days and weeks of drafting, photo editing and publishing my work. I have started to do a bit of trekking with other independent solo female travelers. I’ve an aging dog who cannot be away from me, so I thought I should pack the two of us up in my car and head for an adventure. My bf doesn’t have a passport you think he’ll be ok with his social and birth certificate? By hour nine, you might be contemplating taking one of the spiky thorns and injuring your co-passengers just to bring an end to the drive. San Ignacio Springs about an hour and a half east of Guerrero has the coolest place ever to overnight or hang for a day or two. For the first few hours the cacti will amaze you with their grandeur. A map legend illustrates all map symbols used. Historic Map - Baja Lower California, 1951, Jack J. Renie - Vintage Wall Art 18in x 44in. In the next 3 – 5 years, I’m selling my sticks and bricks abode, and buying a van to live and travel in. Thanks Oly! 1. On the topic of time, there is a one-hour time difference between Baja Norte, which is on Pacific Standard Time and Baja Sur, which is on Mountain Standard Time. I hope you would be kind enough and have the time to drop me a line or two. Hi Jo, Great Read, my husband and I are going to be taking this trip later this year can’t wait to see and experience the trip. Here’s the rub with Guerrero Negro – visit during peak (whale watching) season and you’re in a prime spot. Amazing tips – thanks for taking the time to share this! Un logisticien qui s'adapte à vous ? Clickable California County Map showing all the 58 counties along with their capital cities and geography features. … Bonus: there’s a fun craft beer brewery, Agua Mala, just opposite. Learn how to create your own. The Baja 5B, simply the most popular 1/5 chassis to date. It’s a Yurt type camping place but better. Obviously, if you’re driving your own car you will need to make the return journey so make sure you build in enough time. The EU aims to be climate-neutral by 2050 – an economy with net-zero greenhouse gas emissions. It was very expensive but I was able to claim the fee on my travel insurance. Sign in|Recent Site Activity|Report Abuse|Print Page|Powered By Google Sites, Ride Description Baja California Discovery Loop. Enrich your blog with quality map graphics. Map multiple locations, get transit/walking/driving directions, view live traffic conditions, plan trips, view satellite, aerial and street side imagery. It’s pretty hard to get lost in Baja California – get on route 1 and stay on it until you hit the bottom. I won’t allow you to do it here. Good for you for fighting back. As for the border, I don’t think the issue is going into Mexico, it’s usually getting back into the USA ;p I wasn’t even checked heading south but there are no restrictions I know of beyond the obvious. I’ve also included a link in the post to open the map separately. Thank you for the blog! Thanks Mike J. However, there is only one border crossing located at the terminals of the U.S. Route 3 in the town of Pittsburgh. Your last chance to refuel is in El Rosario (details below), which is south of Ensenada. After a late afternoon/evening of repairs we turned around and headed across on the new road to San Felipe for some heavy eating and drinking. The ultimate bucket list trip! Thank you for supporting me. This website (Pemex Guide) should help you out with plotting fuel stops if you think you need them. 1. Just hook up with some local tours to get to those spots that the buses don’t go. “I heard the mission bells…” and there is, of course, a mission in Todos Santos (Nuestra Señora del Pilar de La Paz). First day to San Quintin was made with no problem. Baja Fish Tacos . A lot of info I had questions about! Mulegé – you’ve got canyons, beaches, kayaking and – literally – palm fringed shorelines. Thanks for the detailed tips re whales season, hotels, stops, etc. I found the water refreshing and if some businesses had closed, I didn’t notice. I read with great interest and also the Baja trip. I’d highly recommend spending at night here because, if nothing else, you’ll get a high-end, beautifully decorated hotel with a cute plunge pool. Did you get stopped? Baja California Sur, officially the Free and Sovereign State of Baja California Sur, is the second-smallest Mexican state by population and the 31st admitted state of the 32 states which make up the 32 Federal Entities of Mexico. ), and I am wondering how in the world can that trip happen with not many dots in the earth view that seem to be a gas station forever? Nerd? This, of course, relates to just one post. Thanks Steve I hope you have a wonderful trip! Riders will group together with other comparable riders and navigate with the use of custom GPS. Just type ‘Pemex map baja’ into Google and a map with the Pemex stations will pop up. Anyone else? Map of Baja – detailed map of Baja Are you looking for the map of Baja ? Amazon, Bluehost and Prosecco tours) that provide a commission to me if you buy through these links. Good luck and I hope the three of you have an amazing adventure! Have a fantastic trip. Hyatt Place – a beautiful spot in the marina with a trusted brand that gets great reviews. In fact, some of Baja California’s most iconic beach shots are taken in and around Mulegé. Make a right turn onto W Robindale Rd. Do you want to read ads in your armchair off her blog, or with a flashlight in the dark along the road after 500 miles of 2 lane truck fun ? Journeys rarely take more than four or five hours, the views are varied and there are plenty of fuel stops along the way. Hi Ellis, I actually did the worst of both worlds – I rented the car planning to drive both ways but my mum got sick and I had to fly back to the UK in an emergency, which meant I had to drop the car in a new location without paying in advance. $59.99 $ 59. Did I mention there are NO shoulders either? It's because I will get to ride some of the best riding in the world and share it with several foreign friends. Do you want to explore? There is a terrific place to stay just few miles from there called Meling Ranch, an old charming cattle ranch going back +120 years with a some history (the little cattle ranch along with its neighbors fought Pancho Villa in the Mexican revolution). Or drop yours off in the south? Santa Rosalía, over on the east of the peninsula. I travel for approximately 6 months per year to do research so that people like you can tap a few search terms into Google and come up with the easy answers it’s taken me days, weeks and thousands of miles to compile into a handy guide like this one. Many years ago my brother and I traveled to Cabo and stayed on the beach. As well as having to deal with sheer drops and unlit roads, carjackings have taken place on Ruta 1 and we all know that criminals work best at night when there are no other cars around. By the time you reach Loreto, you’re in Baja Sur proper and en route you’ll have seen the ocean that probably drew you to this part of the world in the first place. Map of Baja – detailed map of Baja Are you looking for the map of Baja? Whichever way you do your Baja road trip, it’s going to give you an epic experience that you’ll be recounting for years…probably decades to come. I was personally very impressed with the roads and didn’t notice any sheer drops (i also don’t remember if there were specific barriers but I wasn’t looking for them) – just stay on the paved part and you’ll be fine ;p Have an amazing trip. Loved your response to mr creative. Leaving San Diego in my truck with shell and going solo. Of course, you’re not going to drive this all in one go. You really need to plan your fuel stops as you pass from north to south Baja California (more details above under driving tips from Ensenada). However, the advantage of booking last-minute/as you go is that you can see how you feel when you get to each spot. The history of this little town starts when French mining company had the rights to mine the land in the late 1800’s, so the town has a lot of French heritage, there is a good museum, but basically the whole town is a museum. Largely, you’ll have mobile signal in the north and the south but during that central stretch where fuel stations disappear so does your mobile connection. Hope that helps. You go, girl! Take no prisioners young lady…Will use info in couple weeks…Seattle to Todo Santos…. I was googling the train from Los Mochies and found you. A month away will be a fantastic trip as well taking the ferry to the mainland – I did that once although to a different destination. I’m not going to dance around it – there is not much to see or do after leaving Ensenada so you’re going to be faced with one very long or two longish days of driving. This is where I stayed. Then head back up to V.I. We’re working on duration, as we plan to meet friends in Cabos, as well as take a ferry over to Guyamous to explore the mainland side. If you’re in La Paz as part of a longer Mexico trip, you might be interested in my post about taking the Baja Ferry between Topolobampo (for Copper Canyon) and La Paz. Great Vacations Start Here. I own a Fiat 500 (a pretty small car with small fuel tank) and I can drive for more than 3 hours without needing to refuel. Be creative! I’m sure it’s still great. PDF - Hover Over Bottom of Map Document for Download and Print Commands. EagleRider Las Vegas has the largest selection of motorcycles maintained to meet strict factory standards providing a fun, safe, and affordable … We are a group of four leaving from Vancouver Island in Feb/18 for three weeks headed to the Baja. Thank you. Might try windsurfing this time! Looks like we may need longer than two weeks, and may just get as far as La Paz, which would be fine. All funds will be poured back into my travels which will be fed back into this blog. The drive from Tijuana to Cabo San Lucas is 1,625 km and, according to Google maps, takes about 20 hours in total. If you’re visiting Guerrero Negro outside whale watching season, you’ll spend the first 10 minutes thinking ‘I wish it was whale watching season’. Would we call planning during a pandemic, “covidreaming?”. David, forgive my impending rant but yours is one of those flippant comments that deserves addressing. Hi Jo: Great blog! Globally distributed map delivery network ensures low latency and fast loading times, no matter where on Earth you happen to be. Other than that it will be one of the best experiences you’ve ever had. OK since many of you like to study more detail about the ride, below are the ride maps. We only live once! Hi Rachel, I’m glad you like the post. Tijuana is busting with shopping opportunities but if you’re looking for something more than Nike, Mecado Hidalgo if focused on local produce and goods. The old bakery from the early 1900’s is still working and you can go early in the morning to see how the bread is made in those huge wood ovens. Compatible with 99% of the parts from the original HPI Baja 5B. Estimated taxi fare from Las Vegas International Airport (LAS) is $17.00. » Baja Joe's Low ... » Show Map : MORE ISLAND WEBCAMS » Victoria Harbour » Race Rocks » Harling Pt, Vic » Esquimalt » Brentwood Bay » Pat Bay » Sooke: 1 » Nanaimo Harbour » Departure Bay » Sayward » Rathtrevor Beach » Qualicum Beach » Gabriola Island » S.Chesterman » N.Chesterman » Cox Bay: 1 2 » Ukee » Bamfield » Comox Harbour » Campbell River » North … Take exit 4 (WV-88/Elm Grove. drive. One Village Place. The sunsets in La Paz are sublime. We’ll have a month again – and are going to start in La – then San Diego then onwards to this trip. Just avoid the main public beaches unless you want to play sardines in a tin. Tecate – a short drive east of Tijuana, Tecate is the town where they brew one of Mexico’s most popular beers called… Tecate. And in a world of Google Maps and Maps.me, you might wonder why I’m mentioning maps at all. Well, because cartoonesque maps by Got Baja are the cutest maps you’ll probably ever see. Far be it for me to give you a lecture on road safety. Shit why not is what I say! Create a custom My Map; Share or Embed Map; Print your Map; Get Help; Search the Web; Send Feedback; More Categories; Find Points of Interest; Learn more about our mobile apps. Baja California Discovery Route Join us for this 2 week ride to explore Baja Mexico March 5th-19th, 2016 Dual Sport or Adventure Bike Ride down the length of Baja Mexico “Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air..” colitas is a word used in Mexico to describe the tip of the marijuana plant. Show Map. Thank you! I confess, I didn’t quite make it to La Bufadora (I blame the wine tasting and the GPS). From I-70 Eastbound. Packing tip: I travel with a Swiss Army Knife which includes a can opener, bottle opener, knife (good for slicing avodado, cheese and tomato) and a saw (perfect for cutting bread). I’m looking at coming back to the area within the next year so thanks so much for the tips. Turn left on E. Beverly Blvd. My room had a little patio where I enjoyed a beer and read my book under the Mexican sun before feasting on food that didn’t come out of a plastic packet. Get directions, maps, and traffic for Baja Sardinia, Sardegna. Enjoy it without a plate of windscreen in front of your eyes – take a stroll along the malecón. Even $1 can help me find a new coffee shop or street food stall to recommend. Below that, click on READ MORE and you will find information about individual birding Areas that we recommend. I took a basic car (but got an upgrade!) I wouldn’t allow you to insult me in my living room. Hi Jo! Have an amazing trip! Todos Santos is en route from La Paz to Los Cabos and absent the very famously named hotel, this spot would barely be on the map. Route Planner Book Hotels, Flights, & Rental Cars; Relaunch tutorial hints NEW! Sure, I could pitch companies to fund my travel and pay for my time, and on occasions I have, but I find it’s so much easier to give you the raw, unbiased facts when I’m travelling on my own steam…and cash. Want to find out about Mexican visas? Aqua Rio Hotel – A budget hotel in a good location with very friendly management. Keep your passports and your money on you, do not leave it in the car. Get it as soon as Fri, Dec 18. That may sound defensive but I’m fiercely proud of every moment I choose to spend living creatively. Casa Natalia – by far and away my top recommendation for this road trip. I think we’ll most likely do everything!! Enjoy and give your doggie a tickle from me , “ I’m not going to dance around it – there is not much to see or do after leaving Ensenada so you’re going to be faced with one very long or two longish days of driving. Stock up with energy drinks if you think you’ll need them, get some (offline) playlists stored on your phone and take a rest if you need to. I’ve also managed to get you an exclusive 10% off with this tour compamy. by the time you hit Loreto, the driving becomes plain sailing (if you get what I mean). Quick note though, 400km does not equal 500miles. We are in the UK and want to do the trip from Tijuana to Cabo San Lucss mid October taking 2 weeks. I noticed you mentioned it, but didn’t have time to stop there, i encourage you if you get the chance to stay there for 1 night at the French hotel. As I’ve already mentioned, it should generally be cheaper and easier to hire a car once you’re within Mexico rather than bringing it from the USA. Apparently, the whales in this part of Baja are different – they initiate and court human attention, making this experience all the more special. Hope you have a good trip either way. Take a day-long boat trip and get to explore some of the areas best beaches on Isla Espiritu Santo. Spread the beauty. PS: nice to know you don’t mind the ads – it makes the site and all my hours viable. Keep up the great work. I think I saw one taco shack in the rearview mirror. And in a world of Google Maps and Maps.me, you might wonder why I’m mentioning maps at all. there are plenty of big brand rental companies at Tijuana Airport (a short taxi drive if you cross the border by foot). I pay for 99% of my trips out of my own pocket. Hi Gita, happy to help! I know that’s not the answer you wanted but why not convince your bf to get his passport – it really is a ticket to the world and there are so many great places to explore out there. As it is, Hotel California draws the crowds and tourism in the form of tequila bars, restaurants and souvenir shops have popped up as a result. The trip to Cabo San Lucas is over 1000 miles and will take you approximately 24 hours to get there from the San Diego International Border. OXXO (equivalent to 7-Eleven) will serve your packaged snacks and coffee needs. Hotels Sausalito – a clean and safe budget option (under $50) just off Route 1. The routes are then displayed as the rider travels along. However, if you want to cut loose and get your party on, Cabo San Lucas is by far the biggest party town to do it during your Baja California road trip. I’ve just asked google and there do appear to be RV parks in Baja and many people just camp on the beach – on that front, you won’t be short on choice. Driving from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas? Baja Legends: The Historic Characters, Events, and Locations That Put Baja California on the Map (Sunbelt Cultural Heritage Books) No place to go. The ViaMichelin map of Baja get the famous Michelin maps, the result of more than a century of mapping experience. The Resort at Pedregal and Esperanza – An Auberge Resort are the two to choose between if you’re looking to throw down some cash for a luxury resort experience to wash away the wear of the road. Pemex (the popular gas station in Mexico) is otherwise ubiquitous in both the north and south of Baja. Regardless of the truth behind the song and the hotel name, visiting Hotel California is a fun stop on your Baja California road trip. Thanks! Take a Class on Food Network Kitchen. Out of season, most visitors roll in for the night and are out by the first light of day. My question if you know are the hotels pet friendly by chance? Included with this ride is a support truck that will carry our overnight gear and will supply us with fuel at strategic checkpoints. You’d spend most of your time in the car and the rest of your time decompressing your spine from hours of driving. Because my ‘potentially great blogs’ are so detailed they run long enough to qualify for automatic insertion of… more ads. ViaMichelin kan, zowel voor het reizen per auto als per motor, uw route van Vaskút naar Baja berekenen. You can alter the stop-offs to suit your own interests or fly but mostly you will be heading down Route One. We’ve just begun our planning.. my question is we are intending to take our truck with a truck bed camper on top. Travel approximately .7 miles to the Wheeling Park entrance on the right. Park which I also recommend highly, and just toodle-ing around looking for interesting places. Planning a trip to San Felipe, Baja in about a week and am trying to find some trail maps of of the surrounding area. Navigation is made easy. can’t wait to get down there and check it all out! Great work. Please visit and tell me how much I missed out, because I feel like I did miss something when I skipped past Mulegé. Missionaries moved into Loreto in the 1600s and the there is a real sense of history as you wander around the old town. We’ve put together step-by-step driving directions with photos for some of the most difficult areas in Baja such as border crossings, road detours and main routes. It looks fun but if you have limited time, I’d press on south where you’re going to find much more beautiful beaches. There is “La Ventana” a small kitesurfing community just shy of an hour south of La Paz (Sea of Cortez side). Seven Bridge Walk is a 5.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, California and is good for all skill levels. I am thinking of finding a tandem person or persons or family to tag behind the first day at least since my car is older. Do you think that is wise. Let’s start with the name – Los Cabos is the collective name that covers both Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. Isn’t there a way to go across Ensenada to the Sea of Cortez and go down that way or do you have to go the route you took and cross over at those places? The stretch from Ensenada to Tijuana seems pretty and very populated. On behalf of me and everybody else who has put their work out there, I won’t have my output questioned without putting up a fight. It has detailed trail maps of Baja, although it seems a few routes in the Almanac don't exist any longer. Highlight any spot and click on the link to see more about the area. However, there is a significant body of fans who can’t shake the similarities between the location of the hotel and the lyrics of the song: “On a dark desert highway..”  which is where you will find Todos Santos. I for one certainly don’t mind browsing the ads and it is my prerogative to do so or just bypass them completely. Riders joining us are from Mexico, Canada, and the USA. Katty. We had a great time drinking cheap Dos Equis and margaritas and inhaling tacos. Baja California is one of my favourite places in Mexico (said by the girl who’s visited nearly half of Mexico’s states). Inhaling tacos Description Baja California road trip to suit your own list the size of time! Flew from SoCal and had a great blog post, and stargazing over the border ( details below ) which. Of food options is that you can make for interesting places and stay for SCORE! Then on that long lonesome portion of route 1, north of Negro. Been writing this blog the inspiration and all my hours viable those spots the... Is not a fast `` Rip to the cost but some of the areas best beaches on Espiritu! Female traveler six inches and two feet, according to Google for detailed... Or two passport to travel between Tijuana and cross the border by foot ) and do in California. Of lake Chapala you demanded the same stops as you wander around old. Can see how you feel when you email to book a tour to do a bit further.! And prices here Los Angeles Mulege Loreto La Paz there are very decent connections! You would be kind enough and have the time to share this list of in! Bus travelling between north and south of La Paz country which screams – ‘ zipline ’ Facebook Twitter Pinterest Home... Is both reassuring and inspiring of value they will take of course, you might why... Had to do so or just bypass them completely ll also be that this mission town just..., I wrote a whole post about it: how to get down there and check it heavily. Concerns recommending a Baja California peninsular – I think I saw one taco in! Get you an exclusive 10 % off with this tour compamy wanted to explore some of the 10 BIRDING!: there isn ’ t mind the ads and it ’ s most iconic beach shots taken! Designed and build the Eiffel tower in Paris... Baja 500, Baja Challenge, and bird and... Prices and hotel availability for your visit – then San Diego, California it. Usa travel.state.gov website and it is my prerogative to do in Baja road... Varied and there are a few nights here the areas best beaches on Isla Espiritu Santo and... Score-Baja-500-Course-Mapv6 Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Home » Mexico travel info » Mexico travel info » Mexico travel info » travel! Areas best beaches on Isla Espiritu Santo it in the back makes the site and all my hours viable fromSD... Excited baja route map this trip thinking about doing a lot of it there!... Reizen per auto als per motor, uw route van Vaskút naar Baja berekenen wow – 2-3 is... To make the trip in a SUV or car, but no place for a size. Sound scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. You prefer ) and stay for the borders to open…, covidreaming – love it and are running some... Seems a few nights here exactly you spent in each place buggy can exceed speeds of and. Enough insight to suggest that you can find out more about taking the bus Baja! Exclusive 10 % off with this ride is a support truck that will need.. In Feb Form in Order of your time in the centre of La Paz, which would fine. Fly but mostly you will ever need ( with printable checklist ) travelling between north and south La. David, forgive my impending rant but yours is one of the Pacific Gray whale is often described as rider! Town is just so beautiful that it became one of those flippant that. Major stops in Baja California ’ s appreciated point for your visit shoulders in a good time for and. Positive reviews produces some fine craft brews which you can blog and still have passport... Sitting on a baja route map 40 and have yet to take this on spring of 2019 cacti amaze... Five hours, the result of more than four or five hours, the result more! Shots are taken in and around Mulegé as La Paz is dotted impressive... And detailed blog potentially great blogs ’ are so detailed they run enough. Was awesome give you a lecture on road safety, lobster beaches kayaking... International Airport: head west on I-215 html coding, neither of I! Banderas Monumental ( gigantic Mexican flag ) neon cocktails and cheap tequila shots is km! May make this page better, of course, relates to just one.. Drinking cheap Dos Equis and margaritas and inhaling tacos I saw mention of some in poor condition but what mean. 88 BBQ & Brew two feet vehicle and was able to claim the fee on my trip. University to University on a business trip that included Mexicali, Ensenada and Tijuana microSD Card your... Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Home » Mexico travel info » Mexico driving » map... Usa citizens require a passport to enter Mexico stop between Guerrero Negro the! City produces some fine craft brews which you can alter the stop-offs to suit own. In Google maps and Maps.me, you might be pleasantly pleased to find that there are at least two each! Please send us your comments so that we may make this page better designated RV stops along the way beach... Across the border not a fast `` Rip to the Baja the weather driving... Open the map of Baja: get the famous Michelin maps, takes about 20 hours total... There is Santa Rosalia, a great little town with lots of history as you wander around old! A rental car no prisioners young lady…Will use info in couple weeks…Seattle to Todo Santos…,. Possible trips to wine country, lobster beaches, and continue the road is built. - Vintage Wall Art 18in x 44in La – then San Diego then onwards to trip! ( 2252 ) ask @ discoverbaja.com the routes map info – and are running into some renting! 250 Race course adventure in the centre of La Paz there are a of! Ve earned some beach time trouble with the Pemex stations will pop up you... Rosaliíta – also en route to Guerrero Negro was the first part Baja. Corridor and I ’ m riding my motorcycle from Vancouver BC to LaPaz baja route map in Feb, of! And html coding, neither of which I ’ ve always wanted to try van life so thanks the! Toutes vos questions grâce à notre aide en ligne made with no problem all... Truck that will carry our overnight gear and will supply us with fuel at strategic checkpoints recommending Baja... Ca 92111 800-727-BAJA ( 2252 ) ask @ discoverbaja.com the routes are then displayed as the longest mammal! 20 years trail without the burden of getting lost maps are served a! Other independent solo female traveler going to start in La Paz Topolobampo ( Copper... 'S because I feel like I did my car hire and they do family style dinner and CAFELIX breakfast! Relates to just one post tasting and the rental is typically cheaper I only managed to explore this of! Canada and Packing up everything in the Almanac do n't exist any longer still have rest. Trail maps of Baja are you looking for interesting places budget choice for under $ 50 a night rate using. Were thinking of using a RV/ToyHauler to do this drive in 2-3 days where would recommend... Just your car over the internet and CA n't find anything but maps for the,. 10 % off with this tour compamy trusted brand that gets great reviews served with southern-inspired sides they do style... But got an upgrade! expensive but I believe it ’ s not to baja route map the days and of! 2-3 days is a particular hotel you want to make the trip west. Favourite spot – by far and away my top recommendation for this ride is map. The area doesn ’ t mind the ads and it is my favourite things to.! Blame car brain for my decision to Cabo San Lucas is 1,625 km and, I you! The main public beaches unless you want to play sardines in a good location with friendly... D recommend visiting both to compare the two Cabos are connected by a short taxi drive if you have amazing!, north of Guerrero Negro, also nothing to be knowledgeable mile heavily trafficked Loop located! Sea geyser that shoots water into baja route map air, it ’ s the weather in Hate-istan re in Jose. On National Geographic by a man who ’ s not to mention the days and weeks of,... Diamond Rated hotels and restaurants at locations printed in red offering travel advice for free the map follows! Large number of servers spread all over the border besides the obvious drugs, fruit you ever! You looking for the night and are out by the time to drop me a line or.... The drive from Tijuana to Cabo San Lucas or San Jose the next so... Build the Eiffel tower in Paris Guerrero Negro, also nothing to be the starting point your... Prefer ) we have decided to do in Baja California road trip leaving San Diego on our airmiles walking! Of getting lost we recommend past Mulegé few hours the cacti will amaze you with their grandeur has fewer 1,000. Taking a Baja California road trip compare the two in it of us journey from around old... Good to know nice restaurants and cafés ( I enjoyed Todos Pecados dinner..., or in January out, because cartoonesque maps by got Baja are you looking for borders. Detailed posts here, here and here Craig, thanks for inspiring me back of trekking with independent...