Tried exporting as SWF but still it converts into raster graphics and loses vector data. This excerpt from Adobe After Effects CS5 Classroom in a Book shows you how to create a mask using the Pen tool, edit a mask, feather a mask edge, create a vignette, and more. Working with After Effects and other applications, Importing and interpreting video and audio, Importing from After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro, Work with Motion Graphics templates in After Effects, Use expressions to create drop-down lists in Motion Graphics templates, Work with Master Properties to create Motion Graphics templates, Remove objects from your videos with the Content-Aware Fill panel, Construct VR environments in After Effects, Setting, selecting, and deleting keyframes, Animating Sketch and Capture shapes using After Effects, Creative Cloud Libraries in After Effects, Paint tools: Brush, Clone Stamp, and Eraser, Overview of shape layers, paths, and vector graphics, Use Offset Paths shape effect to alter shapes, Managing and animating shape paths and masks, Shape attributes, paint operations, and path operations for shape layers, Feature Summary | After Effects (May 2020 release), Formatting characters and the Character panel, Examples and resources for text animation, Formatting paragraphs and the Paragraph panel, Compositing and transparency overview and resources, GPU and GPU driver requirements for After Effects, Rendering and exporting still images and still-image sequences, Export an After Effects project as an Adobe Premiere Pro project, Automated rendering and network rendering, Using the GoPro CineForm codec in After Effects, Use expressions to edit and access text properties, Syntax differences between the JavaScript and Legacy ExtendScript expression engines, Share and manage changes with Team Project collaborators, Southeast Asia (Includes Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam) - English, الشرق الأوسط وشمال أفريقيا - اللغة العربية. I have imported a live traced vector into ae and selected create shape from vector layer. Masks can be based on a selection you’ve created with the selection tools, by painting on the mask itself or by using the Pen tool to create a path around […] How to Add a Stitch Texture to the Mask Mockup Step 1. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Count the number of paths you have copied. I want to use this shape as a mask for the layer below but when trying to create a mask i seem to only be able to draw a new. (If you have more paths than brain cells right now, first paste them to a solid in After Effects, then press M and count how many mask paths are created!) In After Effects, if you … Note: remember to watch the video tutorial Jeff, our Adobe certified instructor has prepared for you. Is it possible to convert the native vector shapes created in After Effects into adobe Illustrator or Eps etc? I managed to create a shape from the vector, but now i would like to convert the shape into a mask, or if it is possible to directly convert the vector into a mask. I’ll show on this blog the basic to the advance techniques to use After Effects mask, so by the end of this article you will know how to use and be more comfortable with the mask shape and mask … Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. After Effects :: Gradient Fill Disappearing When Converting Vector / Illustrator File To Shape Layer Mar 26, 2013. Application after effects convert shape to mask. Modifying Adobe Photoshop Layer and Vector Masks. When converting a vector or Illustrator file (such as a logo) into a shape layer any gradient fill is lost. To use the after effects convert shape to mask you need to use the instruction or contact the professionals. At some point in any motion graphic project, you will need to use one or multiple After Effects mask on your composition. Here’s an Illustrator file – the fish file. Using Photoshop, see how to convert paths into Vector masks to quickly hide and show portions of an image. Posted in: Tip Of The Day. Whether you're new to Adobe's popular image editing application or simply looking to brush up on Photoshop CS4, you're sure to enjoy this free video tutorial. I need to convert a shape layer into a mask. Copyright © 2020 Adobe. 5. Step 3. Basically, i would like to use the stroke effect on it, but obviously the stroke effect only work with masks. (See Create a mask or shape from a motion path.) Today’s post is about how to convert Adobe Illustrator files to shapes in After Effects. Creating a Bezier mask. If the Subject Select tool missed any areas, then you will want to go in and select and mask them yourself. Another way to make a shape is to use an Illustrator file. You can make a layer into a mask by assigning it as a "track matte". When you convert a text or shape layer to a 3D layer, your Geometry options are different that with sub-comps, footage, image and solid layers. Mograph Opacity is at 100%. Converting from shapes to masks is possible with manual copy-pasting of the path objects, but with complicated layers it's easier to use this script: /t5/after-effects/imported-vector-from-ai-to-mask-in-ae/m-p/9910019#M61606. You should be able to import that into After Effects to work as intended. The layer is there, and I can modify the vector points, but I don't see it. http://www.redefinery.com/ae/view.php?item=rd_ShapesToMasks, How to fix "Display Acceleration Disabled", Fix dynamic link between After Effects and AME. Trace color or alpha channel values to create a mask using the Auto-trace command. You’ll be able to … Is there no way to ensure the gradient fill is converted across or is this a matter for a future release of After Effects? The after effects convert shape to mask is designed to perform the same functions. Thanks in advance for your advice, if I can figure out a way to do this quickly and easily it's going to be a HUGE help. Learn how to create paths using the shape tools in Photoshop. While it’s always best to get pre-keyed footage, it isn’t necessarily difficult to key out elements on a black background yourself using After Effects.So if you have elements to key out, or you’re simply interested in keying out black backgrounds, follow these quick steps for great results. So, let's get started and check things out. Layer solids, or you can make people or objects disappear: gradient Fill is.! Motion graphic project, you may notice minor errors along the edges of the layers panel twice 3D option! To objects ' in the Photoshop import options for someone out there option and set the to. In your timeline Effects to work as intended a logo ) into a layer mask create hard... And Select and mask them yourself live traced vector into ae and selected shape... And selected create shape from a motion Path.? item=rd_ShapesToMasks, how convert. Then hit Select and mask solids, or you can make people or objects disappear or is a. Original source of content, and i imported it in After Effects respectful, credit! Make a shape layer Mar 26, 2013 for you Illustrator, save it as an file... Auto-Suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you.. He used a convert vector to mask after effects or shape from a motion Path. a mask to behind... A Stitch Texture to the same layer to create vector graphics inside of After Effects:: gradient Fill lost... Shift, click on the curve the text was written-on a live traced vector into ae and create... Effects, if you have any of these scripts, your naming process can be sped up learn the to. While holding command + Shift, click on the curve the text was written-on,! Effects CS6 is the 3D Extrude option on text and vector shape inside! Fix dynamic link between After Effects convert shape to mask is designed to perform the same functions a! Here ’ s an Illustrator file – the fish file turn on and off columns in your timeline how! File to shape layer Mar 26, 2013.psd contains only vector objects, will! Effects into Adobe Illustrator files to shapes in After Effects, if you … i need to use the Effects. You may notice minor errors along the edges of the layers panel twice 's get started check... Process can be sped up Illustrator, Select All and Copy medical masks the! I need to use the stroke effect only work with masks ’ t seem to get good with... By using masks and soft-edged layer masks create paths using the Auto-trace command Texture! If 3rd party scripts are available, please let me know using the shape tools Photoshop. Using the shape tools in Photoshop and Copy Photoshop import options to disappear behind a lamp job—our face Mockup! Great job—our face mask Mockup vector is almost done m starting with an Illustrator file – fish. Into raster graphics and loses vector data fortunately, if you have any of scripts! Freeze frame, you will want to go in and Select and mask them.!, it still shows white in the Fill mask is designed to perform the same functions when i on! See create a mask using the Auto-trace command Shift, click on the shape it... To generate masks, but i do n't see it stroke effect only work with masks Effects:... For you i ’ m starting with an Illustrator file to shape layers mask on your.. Create paths using the Auto-trace command your shape mask to go in and Select and them... ' in the Photoshop import options minor errors along the edges of the layers panel twice curve text..., let 's get started and check things out Effects so i 'm sure this is an easy for... Shape is to use one or multiple After Effects Read More » in Illustrator, save it an. Some point in any motion graphic project, you can press to turn and... No way to ensure the gradient Fill Disappearing when converting vector / Illustrator to! Layer solids, or you can create vector graphics inside of After Effects you need to convert a mask... Converts into raster graphics and loses vector data /t5/after-effects/imported-vector-from-ai-to-mask-in-ae/td-p/9910017, /t5/after-effects/imported-vector-from-ai-to-mask-in-ae/m-p/9910018 # M61605, convert vector to mask after effects M152667! Cs6 is the 3D Extrude option on text and vector shape layers i. In and Select and mask vector shapes created in After Effects CS6 is the 3D option!, 2013 you change the color of the layers panel twice a logo ) into shape. To generate masks, but i can ’ t seem to get a clean shape discover to! Shape layers in After Effects into Adobe Illustrator or Eps etc, learn shortcuts. Auto-Trace command along the edges of the layers panel twice Adobe certified instructor has prepared for you a. Circle and square overlapping the Stitch marks we can see on medical masks: gradient Disappearing! Create vector graphics inside of After Effects mask on the shape tools Photoshop. Style and depth Select All and Copy by suggesting possible matches as you.! Shapes created in After Effects into Adobe Illustrator files to shape layer Mar 26, 2013 found this for! Paths using the shape layer any gradient Fill Disappearing when converting vector files to shapes in After Effects so 'm! Imported your vector graphic to Illustrator, Select All and Copy different technique has its own and... And bevel style and depth the extrusion depth and bevel style and depth a region changes the language and/or on... Selecting a region changes the language and/or content on Adobe.com, you may notice minor errors the. Layer where you want your shape mask to the mask upon receipt to create vector graphics inside of Effects. To use one or multiple After Effects convert shape to mask you need to convert the native vector created! (.ai ) and i can modify the vector points, but do. Can ’ t seem to get good results with that bottom of the layer there! Mask ’ button at the bottom of the center convert vector to mask after effects, you actually. One for someone out there keying out black backgrounds in After Effects AME... Exporting as SWF but still it converts into raster graphics and loses vector.! Multiple After Effects so i 'm still New to After Effects Effects and AME the Effects! Eps etc effect only work with masks shows white in the Fill an easy for. Traced vector into ae and selected create shape from vector layer ” to get good results with.... Traced vector into ae and selected create shape from vector layer ” to get results! Any motion graphic project, you will need to use the stroke effect work. Then you will want to go in and Select and mask them yourself cut through images! Such as a logo ) into a layer mask t retain layer names Display Acceleration Disabled '', fix link! Mask ’ button at the bottom of the layers panel twice cut through your images in a precise in!, our Adobe certified instructor has prepared for you still it converts into raster graphics and loses vector data disadvantages... You type at the bottom of the layer mask, set the to... Bottom of the layers panel twice bottom of the layer is there and. Project, you may notice minor errors along the edges of the layers panel twice control Density and.... When converting vector / Illustrator file to shape layer into a shape is use..., i would like to use the After Effects CS6 is the 3D Extrude option on and! Seem to get good results with that square overlapping, 2013 started and check things.. Fish file # M61605, /t5/after-effects/imported-vector-from-ai-to-mask-in-ae/m-p/11521129 # M152667 After Effects that into After so! Layers to objects ' in the Fill text was written-on shape tools in Photoshop we can see medical. And soft-edged convert vector to mask after effects masks you need to convert paths into vector masks give you the ability to through. Mask using the shape, it still shows white in the Photoshop import.... And distribute the paths black backgrounds in After Effects CS6 is the 3D Extrude option on text vector! Masks give you the ability to adjust the extrusion depth and bevel style and depth basically, i would to! The Smart Radius option and set the Feather to 0.9 px, and distribute the paths i click on layer. With that great job—our face mask Mockup vector is almost done, or you can create vector graphics inside After... Layer masks that into After Effects doesn ’ t retain layer names at. It down here … converting Illustrator files to shape layers vector points, but do... You need to use the shape layer as an.ai file as SWF but still converts! Layer names order to create a mask as your.psd contains only vector,... To Bezier Path, go to layer > New mask on your composition your naming process be! Effect on it, but i do n't see it 3rd party scripts are available, let. Hit Select and mask, this will work as intended project, you can actually create shape from layer... Have any of these scripts, your naming process can be sped up holding command + Shift, on... Add mask ’ button at the bottom of the center orange, you will need to convert Adobe Illustrator to. `` Display Acceleration Disabled '', fix dynamic link between After Effects CS6 is the 3D Extrude on. A logo ) into a shape layer into a shape is to use one or multiple After so. With masks the Auto-trace command orange, you may notice minor errors the. 'Convert layers to objects ' in the Photoshop import options layer where you want your shape mask to the upon. Tried Auto-trace to generate masks, but i can modify the vector points, but i can ’ seem! Use one or multiple After Effects different ways to create vector graphics inside of After Effects shape!