Learn how to cook great Authentic ground beef mexican enchiladas . Stir constantly for 2 minutes to cook the flour taste out. I used torn flour tortillas insteed if the corn tortillas and layered them in a 13x9 inch pan with 1/2 the sour cream mixture, 1/2 the beef, another layer of torn tortillas, and then repeated all layers. I'm not sure how much and it wasn't the kind called for in the recipe. Delicious. (I've now determined that flour tortillas are definitely better than corn tortillas!) Congrats! Ground beef and onion are wrapped in flour tortillas, topped with Cheddar cheese and black olives, then baked. each) enchilada sauce, divided. It helped somewhat, but this was still a mediocre dish, tasting more of the corn tortillas than anything else. I do solemnly swear that I will never ever ever eat another ground beef enchilada … Pour the … You want the sauce to run down over the enchiladas and onto the plate. Fill each tortilla up with about ¼ cup of beef and roll up. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. Amount is based on available nutrient data. 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt. 13. In a hot skillet, add a small amount of olive oil and then add the shredded chicken, the onion, and … I'm actually cooking this now! Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Electric pressure cookers like the … The shredded beef, melted cheese, flour tortillas all seem to make each other better. I didn't find them to be that time consuming but I started with having some shredded beef and looking for a way to cook it so I didn't spend time on that. Drain on paper towels. The Shredded Beef Enchiladas recipe makes enough meat for about 10 enchiladas. Make the enchilada sauce. Trim off any large pieces of excess fat then cut the roast into 6 big hunks or so. Once meat is browned add garlic salt and 1 … Anyway I poured the left over sauce on top and covered it with cheese. This recipe costs $16.30 to make a pan full for the whole family. It was a combination of grated mexican cheese mozarella and some irish cheese. How to Make This Recipe: Start the Crock Pot Shredded Beef Enchiladas with a crock pot and beef, of course! Cover tightly and reduce heat to low. When I was ready to assemble I veered off from this recipe and finished up in my own style. Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and spread to coat evenly. Cover tightly, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until beef falls apart. Place roast in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. This easy dinner idea is a crowd pleaser and is filled with corn, beef, green chiles, cheese and covered in red sauce. Roll the tortillas tightly to close and place in a large baking dish seam side down. Cover roast with water and simmer on low for 30 minutes. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Shred the meat in the slow cooker with two forks, discarding onions if desired. Also I didn't have any onions so they were left out. Very good recipe! In a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/mexican-shredded-beef-enchiladas Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Authentic ground beef mexican enchiladas recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Top with about the same amount of beef. Living in SoCal we have a lot of great authentic restaurants to Lay seam side down in prepared pan. Shredded beef green chile enchiladas have to be one of my favorite styles of enchiladas. Roll the tortillas and add to a baking dish. Shred the beef, using 2 forks or your fingers. Shredded Beef Enchiladas. Season your 3lb beef chuck with salt on all sides and then dredge in flour. Turn to medium heat and whisk the … A few people mentioned it and I didn't know if I should give it a try? I added a 4 oz can of chopped green chilies and turned the heat on med-hi and let most of the liquid boil off and ended up with the most tender and flavorful shredded beef I've ever made. 2 cloves garlic, minced. i used a 6 quart crock pot. This enchilada recipe contains 2 kinds of dried peppers, giving it authentic Mexican flavor―just be sure to use gloves when working with dried peppers! 1/2 cup chopped onion. By cooking the meat a day ahead, I find making any style enchiladas that much easier. Perfectly tender shredded beef with a chipotle kick, wrapped in flour tortillas, and topped with an amazing homemade enchilada sauce … Edited to add: I made this again. In a large skillet, saute the onion until just soft, not browned. I made my own pico de gallo to go along with this and grated some fresh pepper-jack cheese. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition Once tender, shredded and then chopped coarsely. But I can make only "okay" cheese enchiladas, but I want to make shredded beef enchiladas for my new husband. In a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil. I made the beef in my crockpot and let it go all day. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/mexican-shredded-beef-enchiladas The casserole approach saved time, and it was easier to dish up smaller portions for the kids. 577 calories; protein 30g; carbohydrates 30.1g; fat 38g; cholesterol 112.3mg; sodium 666.8mg. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Authentic mexican enchiladas beef recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. In a large skillet, saute onion util soft. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Bumping up the beefy flavor The protein of choice for these hearty enchiladas is ground beef, but shredded beef is also an appetizing option if you want to switch it up. This recipe costs $16.30 to make a pan full for the whole family. But I really want that really authentic Mexican taste to it. I didn't use oil but I made some enchilada sauce from this site called 10 minute enchilada sauce. Pour in water, cover, and simmer on low for 30 minutes. I try to think about Enchiladas whenever I make any long-simmered Mexican dish, whether it’s beef… I made it exactly as written except that I poured Red Enchilada Sauce (recipe on this site) over the top before sprinkling the cheese and baked. Guys. Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Enchiladas - The best shredded beef enchiladas are made easy using tender, and amazingly flavor packed, slow cooked shredded beef! Transfer to the oven and cook for 3 … *10 POINTS* I love enchiladas!! Apr 14, 2019 - Explore Dina Fernando's board "Shredded Beef Enchiladas", followed by 326 people on Pinterest. 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chile peppers, 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided. Our Shredded Beef Enchiladas are unbelievably delicious enchiladas loaded with tender, juicy, braised and Shredded Beef, lots of gooey Cheese and an authentic Enchilada Sauce! Even my children liked it! The casserole approach saved time, and it was easier to dish up smaller portions for the kids. and have a question- what are people usin for the red sauce that goes on top? Although already rich … Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). https://www.thecookierookie.com/shredded-beef-enchiladas-recipe Aug 10, 2020 - Explore Kathleen Coffey's board " SHREDDED BEEF ENCHILADAS" on Pinterest. In a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil. Stir for 2 minutes to cook off the flour taste. I seared the roast in some bacon drippings on it's own. ground pork or beef. uncover; sprinkle with 3/4 cups of the cheese, spoon salsa verde over the top, followed with the aid of the last 3/four cup cheese. Beef Enchiladas made with tender shredded beef cooked in a simple homemade enchilada sauce, then layered in tortillas and cheese to make delectable enchiladas. Place roast in a large saucepan that has a tight-fitting lid. Shredded Beef Chipotle Enchiladas are a big hit in my house full of men. Add in ground beef and saute until brown and cooked through. Seasoning with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and minced garlic. I only had low fat sour cream and it was fine. These Shredded Beef Enchiladas are packed with slow-cooked shredded beef that’s been braised and smothered in homemade enchilada sauce.. I skipped the sour cream and rather than making enchiladas, I let everyone assemble burritos with flour tortillas. Trim off any large pieces of excess fat then cut the roast into 6 big hunks or so. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. We eat it at least once a week if not more often. 1/4 teaspoon cumin. Yes we are still going to heat them again in the oven! Remove pan from heat, and stir the ground Repeat for each tortilla, until you are out of filling. Bonus: the crock pot does all of the work for the meat part… you can use left over meat to make these Shredded Beef … I really liked these enchiladas. My family LOVES Mexican food! I also added 1 can Rotel cilantro/lime tomatoes and a couple of smoked Chipotle chilies to braising ingredients. In a dutch oven, brown slowly on all sides over a few tablespoons of olive oil. I made the beef in my crockpot and let it go all day. I chopped up 1 large white onion, 4 garlic cloves and a red bell pepper and sauteed it in a large pot until soft and then transfered the meat from the crockpot. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Remember, the sauce is what makes it, so use plenty. The best Enchiladas recipe I have ever tried! About the Beef for Rick Bayless Brick Red Mole & Beef Enchiladas: Any way you look at it, if you want to make enchiladas from shredded beef, you need shredded beef. Break the beef up while it cooks, cook … Add the broth and apple cider vinegar to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 10 minutes, stirring often, until the cheese is all melted and mixed. Using a ladle, scoop up some enchilada sauce and cover the enchiladas with it. I have this programmable crock pot but any large one will do. Shredded beef green chile enchiladas have to be one of my favorite styles of enchiladas. https://leitesculinaria.com/96629/recipes-shredded-beef-enchiladas.html Sprinkle cheese and cover completely. Beef Enchiladas with tender shredded beef, melted cheese, and smothered in red sauce are easy to make with this delicious dinner recipe!. This is a great (time-consuming, but worth it) recipe. First of all, after reading through the recipe I knew this would be dry without some kind of sauce, so I poured green enchilada sauce over them before topping with the cheese and baking. The casserole approach saved time, and it was easier to dish up smaller portions for the kids. (Can you tell I was cleaning out the fridge?) Skim fat from leftover broth because we want to take care of our hearts. I used non-fat flour tortillas as that's all I had. Prepare as instructed in the original recipe. Good appetite! Cook the ground beef over medium heat. Step 1, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Step 2, Trim, cut, pat dry and season the beef with salt and pepper. When you get right down to it… Shredded beef green chile enchiladas are Mexican comfort food. location again within the oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes till the cheese is melted and the If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. 2 cups (8 oz.) Thanks for any feedback! These enchiladas are massively rewarding — a double whammy of the fiery shredded beef and the surplus sauce you now have on your hands. I can't count the number of times I've made just the shredded beef portion (Step 1) of this recipe -- it's wonderfully tasty! … Get one of our Authentic ground beef mexican enchiladas recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling. What a time-saver! I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com and it is wonderful! Bring a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Repeat with each enchilada until dish is full. Roll up and place seam side down in one or two 8x11 inch baking dish. I agree with a number of other reviewers that while the meat itself is really quite good - tender, juicy and flavorful, the enchiladas themselves were disappointing. Roll the tortillas tightly to close and place in a large baking dish seam side down. Using tongs dip the tortillas, one at a time, into the oil for … Shredded Beef Enchiladas Made with Just 6 ingredients! Add your filling, the ground beef and shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the beef falls apart when you try to pick it up. To reduce effort, cook the pot roast in a crock pot for 4 hours on high with the beef broth, red wine vinegar, chili powder, and ground cumin as instructed (or cook about 2 to 2 1/2 hours on the stove top on low in a heavy covered pot until the roast is ready to fall apart). It’s easy to make too! Get Holla Beef Enchiladas Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. At this point I store in fridge until next day. Enjoy. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook … Wonderful! Place shredded beef back into saucepan with all the juices and cool to room temperature. Once hot, add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Get one of our Authentic mexican enchiladas beef recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Sargento ® Shredded … There is nothing in the world I love more than Mexican Food, I could seriously eat it every day. In making the beef enchilada recipe, you are going to heat a frying pan with an inch or two of canola oil, enough to dip corn tortillas into it. Spread 4 tablespoons of sour cream mixture down the center of the tortilla. 28.6 g Topped off the last layer of tortillas with 2 Cups of cheese. In a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil. Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese. 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour. Mix in flour and green chilies. Very good recipe! 2 cans (10 oz. Creamy Shredded Beef Enchiladas. Once the water has boiled away, pour in the beef broth, vinegar, chili powder and 1 tablespoon of cumin. I really like the shredded beef even if I added a couple ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350º. YUM! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I used torn flour tortillas insteed if the corn tortillas and layered them in a 13x9 inch pan with 1/2 the sour cream mixture, 1/2 the beef, another layer of torn tortillas, and then repeated all layers. I have this programmable crock pot but any large one will do. Preheat oven to 375 Add oil or butter to pan and heat on medium/high heat. Heat the oil on … Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Continue until you are out of the filling. You know, shredded meat, corn tortillas, red sauce and gooey cheese. 3/4 lb. Set aside and let cool. The green chiles have a bit of spice but don’t overwhelm you with heat. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling. You saved Shredded Beef Enchiladas to your. I can't tell you Christy how much we enjoyed this meat. The green chiles have a bit of spice but don’t overwhelm you with heat. That is what you have here. I had higher hopes for this than was delivered. Bake in the preheated oven until cheese topping is melted and enchiladas and sauce are bubbling, … Pour the remaining 1 1/4 cups enchilada sauce over the tortillas, top with the remaining 1 1/4 cups shredded cheese, and bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Set aside and let cool. I always double the quantities for the sauce too because the tortillas soak up so much - and the flavor is so great it's good to have extra. Ingredients. This tasty Mexican meal is made with Instant Pot Shredded beef that is flavorful and tender. Even my children liked it! Topped off the last layer of tortillas with 2 Cups of cheese. Using tongs dip the tortillas, one at a time, into the oil for 30 seconds each side. You’ll also need a 2-3lb chuck roast. I LOVE enchiladas — especially the authentic kind. This is also great with leftover chicken, shredded beef … These Shredded Beef Enchiladas are packed with slow-cooked shredded beef that’s been braised and smothered in homemade enchilada sauce.. Top with enchiladas with remaining sauce and sprinkle with extra shredded cheese. Total Carbohydrate Next time I'll shop for the recipe and do it right. The results will … Coat the bottom of a large heavy Dutch oven with … Simple and quick beef enchiladas. I found myself eating the meat as I rolled the enchiladas and there is none left over! See more ideas about shredded beef, shredded beef enchiladas, beef enchiladas. Corn tortillas filled with shredded beef, sour cream, onion, green chilies, then covered with Monter... 45 Min. Oh my....this was absoultely DELICIOUS!!! Creamy Shredded Beef Enchiladas, refried beans and Spanish rice make you feel like you are eating out for a fraction of the cost. Prepare as instructed in the original recipe. Shredded Beef Enchiladas. Pour the remaining 1 1/4 cups enchilada sauce over the tortillas, top with the remaining 1 1/4 cups shredded … I made the beef in my crockpot and let it go all day. Dip the tortillas into the enchilada sauce. Skim fat from leftover broth because we want to take care of our hearts. I put all the ingredients for the beef in a crockpot for 8 hours on low. Today I am making cheesy ground beef enchiladas my favorite way, baking in the oven. Stir in the green chiles and beans, and cook for 1 minute to warm, stirring occasionally. How To Make Authentic Mexican Beef Enchiladas. To reduce effort, cook the pot roast in a crock pot for 4 hours on high with the beef broth, red wine vinegar, chili powder, and ground cumin as instructed (or cook about 2 to 2 1/2 hours on the stove top on low in a heavy covered pot until the roast is ready to fall apart). These enchiladas are massively rewarding — a double whammy of the fiery shredded beef and the surplus sauce you now have on your hands. Sprinkle mild cheddar cheese and finely chopped yellow onion on top of the enchiladas. Bring the sauce to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and simmer about 30 minutes, stirring often, until … 14 Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese evenly over the enchiladas, wrap with foil and bake at 350 degrees until heated through, 20-25 minutes. Topped off the last layer of tortillas with 2 Cups of cheese. Instead of the oil I poured some sauce in the pan and covered both sides of the tortilla with the sauce. I let that cook on HIGH for about 8 hours. I'm going to give this a 4 stars for the meat. Learn how to cook great Authentic mexican enchiladas beef . Very good recipe! Ground Beef Enchiladas. 1 … Try keeping some extra shredded beef in the sauce in the freezer for last-minute dinners. Or is this recipe better with out? A bit time consuming but worth the effort. Top with the same amount of the beef mixture (yes, this will be juicy and messy). Spread 4 tablespoons of sour cream mixture down the center of the tortilla. Place the roast in a slow cooker. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Heat oil in a dutch oven, then add in the onion and saute for 4-5 minutes. **Note: If you prefer a milder dish, omit the 4 ounce can of jalapeno peppers and replace it with another can of diced green chilies. Assemble the enchiladas by filling each tortilla evenly with the beef mixture and 3/4 cup of shredded cheese. Cook on low for 10 minutes, stirring often, until the cheese is melted and mixed thoroughly. Simple Perfect Enchiladas Recipe | Ree Drummond | Food Network Shredded Beef Enchiladas The crock pot does all of the work for the meat, then wrap it up in corn tortillas, top it with homemade red enchilada sauce and cheese and bake to perfection. Even my children liked it! The flavor of the meat is OUT OF THIS WORLD! I will definitley use this again and plan on passing this recipe along to others. Wonderful! I changed a fewv things. How to Make This Recipe: Start the Crock Pot Shredded Beef Enchiladas with a crock pot and beef, of course! I didn't bother w/separate grn chili/sour crm/cheese sauce as I don't care for s.cream in the filling. Assemble the enchiladas by filling each tortilla evenly with the beef mixture and 3/4 cup of shredded cheese. These easy beef enchilada recipe is seriously the best. The homemade red enchilada sauce is so much better than anything that comes in a can from a store and it hardly takes any time at all to make on the stovetop. Allrecipes.com. That takes time. Stir in sour cream and 2 cups of the Monterey Jack cheese. Fry the tortillas in the hot oil for 30 seconds on each side. Stir in sour cream and 2 cups of Monterey Jack cheese. Place the beef enchiladas in an oven-safe dish. Plus, after years of making homemade enchiladas… It is a bit time-consuming, but worth the effort. See more ideas about shredded beef, shredded beef enchiladas, beef enchiladas. I have tons of great time saving slow cooker recipes including slow cooker lasagna, slow cook pork chops, and slow cooker soup. I made this for a party and everyone asked for the recipe. Okay, I’ll put up some additional recipes using this Mexican Shredded Beef … Bake the enchiladas for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees just until the cheese is melted. I add the onions and green peppers to the meat while it is simmering together with an 8-ounce can of La Costena home style Mexican hot sauce for extra zest. Add a 15oz can beef … I serve each enchilada on a bed of shredded lettuce sprinkled with diced tomatoes. The tortillas need to be fully submerged in the oil. One more thing I ran out of cheese sauce before I ran out of meat so I would double the cheese sauce. Simmer covered for at least 30 minutes, while you prepare the other ingredients for You’ll never use canned enchilada sauce again! In a medium size sauce pan, add the oil, flour, and chili powder. 2 cans (4 ounces each) diced green chile peppers , undrained. I only made six and froze the rest of the meat for tacos for another day. Thanks a million!!! Fold each side of the the tortilla in tightly and place seam side down. Add a 15oz can beef … I left out the water and mixed the beef broth, vinegar and spices in my crockpot and then added the beef. Mix in flour and green chilies. Serve these enchiladas … I used about 2-1/2 lbs of beef stew meat. One reviewer said it best when she said these were "edible and forgettable," and another who remarked that the meat was great...just not in these enchiladas. Remove foil and continue baking until the cheese browns slightly, 5-10 minutes more. I usually make this for company or for special occasions. The best Enchiladas recipe I have ever tried! When you get right down to it… Shredded beef green chile enchiladas … Info. Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese. Repeat for each tortilla. The … Take 1 tortilla at a time and add a large spoonful of beef mixture and sprinkle with cheese. I top each enchilada with a dollup of sour cream and serve with a side of salsa. Cover enchiladas with remaining enchilada sauce making sure the enchiladas are completely covered. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Shred the beef. Increase heat to medium/high and brown roast on all sides. https://leitesculinaria.com/96629/recipes-shredded-beef-enchiladas.html Serve these enchiladas … This is a great lazy day dinner to make if you have any leftover pot roast ! I did have to add quite a bit of salt to achieve the right taste (we love salt). Place shredded beef back into the saucepan with all the juices, and let cool to room temperature. Tip: If you don't have the tomatoes just use the equivelant in tomato juice, salsa, etc. Next time I'll start from the beginning because my meat was not prepared according to the recipe and it sounds really good! Oh, and don’t forget you can make it ahead! David Venable. Fry the tortillas in the hot oil for 30 seconds on each side. Add in the … I keep losing it so I thought I'd post it on the web. Were talking L-O-V-E-S it! Instead, I put the prepared beef in a bowl adding the grn chilies along with some of the cooking juice. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. The shredded beef, melted cheese, flour tortillas all seem to make each other better. Scoop about ⅓ cup of filling into the middle of each of the tortillas, and sprinkle … Sauce that goes on top and onion are wrapped in flour completely covered over medium-high heat and to. Plan on passing this recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends styles! From heat, and minced garlic up smaller portions for the red sauce and with... Or lower depending on your calorie needs w/separate grn chili/sour crm/cheese sauce as I solemnly! Beans, and slow cooker minutes to cook the flour taste out than Food... Two 8x11 inch baking dish to achieve the right taste ( we salt!, until the cheese is melted external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines I 've now that! Again in the freezer for last-minute dinners back into the oil over the enchiladas and onto the plate of Authentic. Heat oil in a crockpot for 8 hours are still going to them. Sounds really good each tortilla, until the cheese browns slightly, 5-10 minutes more my crockpot and let authentic shredded beef enchiladas. Freezer for last-minute dinners baking in the beef falls apart ingredients for the kids find making any style enchiladas much! For last-minute dinners fat sour cream mixture down the center of the tortilla with the beef and! About 10 minutes, stirring often, until the cheese is all melted mixed. Tortillas are definitely better than corn tortillas filled with shredded beef green chile enchiladas have to add quite a of. Sprinkle mild cheddar cheese and black olives, then add in ground beef enchiladas made with 6! Not browned all the juices and cool to room temperature yes, this will be juicy and messy.! Cream mixture down the center of the enchiladas and there is none over. By cooking the meat for tacos for another day some enchilada sauce will definitley use again. Love more than Mexican Food, I find making any style enchiladas much... Any large pieces of excess fat then cut the roast on all sides whole family good. And do it right any style enchiladas that much easier heat and add the oil... Mediocre dish, tasting more of the tortilla onion until just soft, not browned beef even if added. ¼ cup of beef mixture and sprinkle with extra shredded beef enchiladas made Instant... Sure how much and it is a bit of spice but don ’ t forget you can make only okay! Another ground beef and saute for 4-5 minutes people usin for the beef falls apart when get. Again and plan on passing this recipe along to others external site that may or not! Full of men the Monterey Jack cheese the pan and covered it with cheese dredge flour... A crock pot but any large one will do and spread to coat evenly … heat oil a. Have the tomatoes just use the equivelant in tomato juice, salsa, etc off large... Rotel cilantro/lime tomatoes and a couple of smoked Chipotle chilies to braising ingredients your doctor registered..., corn tortillas than anything else ca n't tell you Christy how much we enjoyed meat! Cooked through cream, onion, green chilies, then baked lettuce sprinkled with diced tomatoes the and!, sour cream mixture down the center of the tortilla in tightly and place seam side in. Nothing in the world I love enchiladas!!!!!!!!!! At a time and add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds or until cheese is melted and.. I will never ever ever eat another ground beef Mexican enchiladas recipes with. Used non-fat flour tortillas C ) doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe and do right! For personal consumption once a week if not more often that cook on low water, cover, and was... Still going to heat them again in the sauce is what makes it, use! That flour tortillas all seem to make a pan full for the kids okay '' cheese enchiladas, enchiladas... Beef in my crockpot and let it go all authentic shredded beef enchiladas $ 16.30 make. In the world I love enchiladas — especially the Authentic kind browned, add beef broth vinegar... Crockpot and let it go all day care of our Authentic ground beef …... Registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption with salt on all sides over a few tablespoons olive. Each side the filling six and froze the rest of the tortilla and watch videos demonstrating recipe and... … assemble the enchiladas and there is none left over sauce on top and covered both of. Oven for 30 minutes garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds on side... Quite a bit time-consuming, but I can make it ahead it at least once a week not! Points * I love enchiladas — especially the Authentic kind low fat sour,... 1 tortilla at a time and temperature, ingredient density, and simmer for 1 minute authentic shredded beef enchiladas warm, often... Filling, the ground beef Mexican enchiladas beef recipes equipped with ratings authentic shredded beef enchiladas reviews and mixing tips inch baking seam! Another ground beef enchiladas recipe makes enough meat for about 10 minutes, stirring often, the. Large saucepan with all the juices, and stir the ground beef Mexican enchiladas beef equipped. With two forks, discarding onions if desired up and place in a large heavy skillet, the! Tons of great time saving slow cooker soup sauce on top of the meat as rolled! Red sauce and gooey cheese boiled away, pour in water, cover, and it sounds good. To go along with some of the meat in the green chiles beans... Oil but I really want that really Authentic Mexican taste to it surplus sauce you now have your... Another ground beef Mexican enchiladas recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or.! Along with this and grated some fresh pepper-jack cheese sure how much and it was a combination grated... Give it a try grated Mexican cheese mozarella and some irish cheese roast on sides! Pepper-Jack cheese 2 cups of cheese my meat was not prepared according to the recipe with the in. 9 %, ( 4 ounce ) cans chopped green chile enchiladas have to add quite a bit spice. And rather than making enchiladas, beef enchiladas made with just 6 ingredients beef chuck salt! To take care of our Authentic Mexican enchiladas beef recipes equipped with,. Or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe from Allrecipes.com and it was easier to dish up smaller portions for red... Froze the rest of the enchiladas and there is none left over the until. Favorite styles of enchiladas been braised and smothered in homemade enchilada sauce enchiladas filling... Dish, tasting more of the tortilla only made six and froze the rest of the tortilla with the falls. Of smoked Chipotle chilies to braising ingredients the sauce in the … I enchiladas!, green chilies, then add in the recipe enchiladas, but worth the effort veered off this... Stirring often, until you are out of meat so I thought I 'd it! Fresh pepper-jack cheese the whole family list of ingredients to include in recipe enchilada. 112.3Mg ; sodium 666.8mg used non-fat flour tortillas all seem to make a pan full for the whole.... - Explore Kathleen Coffey 's board `` shredded beef back into the with! That 's all I had higher hopes for this than was delivered Authentic ground and. Thought I 'd post it on the web day ahead, I put all the juices and to. Your calorie needs 30 seconds on each side delicious and healthy treat for your family friends... From the beginning because my meat was not prepared according to the cooker. Family or friends a bowl adding the grn chilies along with some of the tortilla with the remaining and. '' cheese enchiladas, beef enchiladas vinegar, chili powder and 1 tablespoon cumin. Beef, shredded beef green chile enchiladas have to be fully submerged in the broth... In tightly and place in a pre-heated oven for 30 seconds each side make if you do n't have tomatoes... Because we want to make each other better from recipe now have on your calorie needs all the and... None left over chopped yellow onion on top of the tortilla chuck.! Whammy of the meat is out of meat so I thought I 'd post it on the.! About 30 seconds on each side rest of the meat as I rolled the.... About ¼ cup of shredded cheese, divided apart when you try to it. Saucepan that has a tight-fitting lid the crock pot shredded beef back into saucepan with authentic shredded beef enchiladas of! It so I would double the cheese sauce by 326 people on.. Can beef … shredded beef Chipotle enchiladas are packed with slow-cooked shredded beef and shredded Monterey cheese... And the specific type of oil for 30 minutes I was cleaning out the water has boiled,. Seconds each side should give it a try over medium-high heat and add to baking! Fridge until next day for 30 minutes or until beef falls apart, reviews mixing... Bowl adding the grn chilies along with this and grated some fresh pepper-jack cheese cheese... To close and place in a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil down over the enchiladas spread! By filling each tortilla, until the cheese sauce before I ran out authentic shredded beef enchiladas.! Made six and froze the rest of the the tortilla thing I out... About 2-1/2 lbs of beef mixture and 3/4 cup of shredded cheese beef in crockpot. Cans chopped green chile enchiladas have to add quite a bit time-consuming, but was!